Newlands Primary School

Newlands Primary School
The generous LORD NEWLANDS donated this fine building in1896. He instructed the stonemasons to carve 'NEWLANDS PUBLIC SCHOOL' into the sandstone. Welcome all visitors! Click on the link "COMMENTS" below each Post to read what others have to say. And leave a Comment of your own too while you're here!

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Infant Class of August 1955

This class photo was sent in by KATHIE McGHEE, formerly of Palace Street. Kathie is in the Second row from the front, which is seated, and is fourth in from the Right (the teacher is on the far Left).
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Brian Charlton said...

This is my class, although I am not in the photo, so must have been off that day ? (too young to be dogging it). The 2nd boy from the left in the back row was my best pal Lenny Palgrave. Anybody know hes whereabouts now ?

Anonymous said...

Esther Maitland is the girl two places to Kathie McGhee's right-handside. Esther has long dark hair with a hair ribbon.

(Kathie McGhee is 4th in from right in second row from front.)

Anonymous said...

I'm sure I must be in this somewhere, but can't pick myself out. Teacher doesn't look like Mrs Moore as I remember her, though. Maybe we had her next year. I left after 1 year to go to Manchester. Be glad to be in touch with anyone who remembers anything about it, or even with the kind girl who used to tie my scarf before I went home to stop me losing it. I've been losing things ever since...

Unknown said...

Teacher Miss Bone,I'm William Bolsworth,thrid row from front,forth from right,David Irvine,back row third frim left.

 

Web Counters
Hit Counter