Newlands Primary School

Newlands Primary School
The generous LORD NEWLANDS donated this fine building in1896. He instructed the stonemasons to carve 'NEWLANDS PUBLIC SCHOOL' into the sandstone. Welcome all visitors! Click on the link "COMMENTS" below each Post to read what others have to say. And leave a Comment of your own too while you're here!

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Another Happy Customer ( Free Photo's )

252 CRAIGPARK DRIVE DENNISTOUN.


Ramsay Millen (see post 2 below)

contacted me a while ago about maybe taking some photo's of the east end for him.

I did this for him and we entered into a little bit of correspondence. Ramsay and his wife live in Australia and are in their 80s.



Here are some extacts from our e-mails :-

Hello Brian
You mention in your Blog about photographing special places which hold memories, 252 Craigpark Dr Dennistoun and Crail St, Parkhead, Are of special interest to me. The close next to the ladies hat shop. its a long time ago.

Any photo’s would be great. Any reward for your generous help will be granted.

The families were, The Pettigrews, and Toners. they lived in and around these districts. I owe my life to Mrs Pettigrew, she delayed me in returning to my ship thereby I missed being aboard when she sailed, and it was torpedoed.

She shall have gone to her reward, but granchildren maybe around the eastend,.

Excuse my meanderings on days of yore.

[PS – He never explained HOW he was delayed by Mrs Pettigrew !]


------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Hello Ramsay & Mhairai,
I will try to get your requested photo's taken as soon as I can. Some people seem to think there is a catch to the offer, there isn't. The only "payment" that I ask for is if you will go back to the web site and post a wee comment about the photo's for others to see. Depending on your comments, I may make a wee feature of the photo's and your comments on the site.



Brian.

ENTRANCE TO CRAIL ST.
( FROM TOLLCROSS. )


Hello Brian
My skill on the p,c.is limited/ so excuse me.

Mhairi and I thank you for the photo's. Memories, memories. if nothing else its all weve got in our twilight years.
Some are bad, most are worth casting the mind back.
Thanks Again, Yours Faithfully Ramsay.


----------------------------------------------

Hello again Brian
Craigpark Dr, a bit aged looking, but it still retains its romantic ambiance. Youthful view.

The photos have rekindled memories of days of yore, and the folies of youth.

Once more, Faithfully Ramsay.

-----------------------------------------

Hello Brian
We both thank you very much for all the scene;s of childhood,especially, Crail St,. And Dennistoun,
My wife is not blessed with a glasgow childhood, she's from the Outer Hebrides, Gaelic and all.

But she has been around the Eastend, walks in Tollcross Park. The banks of the Monkland Canal, etc,.
My life here has been spent in Prison. In a similar unit they have in Carstairs. I of course was staff. Forensic Trained. Quite interesting. Human beings, give food for thought,

We thank you for thoughtful care in sending us the photos. We have thought about coming hame, ''but'' its the time spent on planes, we came over in 1997. We were over 12 hours waiting in Heathrow for our flight, Today would be impossible. Wer’e both past our use by date.

Thanks again Brian for the photies, At times we had a wee greet,

Thanks Again’ Faithfully, Mhairi-----Ramsay.


--------------------------------------------------


If anybody wants to contact Ramsay, his e-mail is : millen451@ozemail.com.au

.


PS: The offer of FREE photo's still stands. See the post about 20 down from here.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ido have sympothy for any one who like Ramsay cant get home I have in the last few years sneaked home for wedding's and funerals I say sneaked because once it is known that you are on your way every one want's you which is great but you cant get around every one but I am 60 years of age now and it's time to re-connect with everyone I can because I had some time ago along with my Best Pal and wife Darlene that we were going to move back hame as Ramsay put it it wont happen right away but it will happen untill then nae mare sneaking hame we'll just drop in awe ra best everybody

 

Web Counters
Hit Counter