Newlands Primary School

Newlands Primary School
The generous LORD NEWLANDS donated this fine building in1896. He instructed the stonemasons to carve 'NEWLANDS PUBLIC SCHOOL' into the sandstone. Welcome all visitors! Click on the link "COMMENTS" below each Post to read what others have to say. And leave a Comment of your own too while you're here!

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Eddie Charlton my brother.

My older brother, Eddie also went to Newlands primary. He was born in 1947 so would have started in Newlands in about 1952. I have found some of his group photos from Newlands :- The photo below was taken in Newlands Primary around 1958 and Eddie Charlton is the 2nd from the right in the back row. If you recognise yourself or others, please let me know ! (Brian Charlton).

This photo was taken a bit earlier, probably about 1955 ? and Eddie is the 2nd from the left on the back row.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Folks,
I came in for a look and I saw this picture and I think this may be my cousin Walter Smillie in the second row from the back third in from the left with the blazer on .

Does anyone know him?

( I'm his cousin who also went to Newlands my name is Margaret Mckechnie)

Brian Charlton said...

Hi Margaret, thanks for your info, I am not sure if you are right or not. But let's see if anybody else knows your cousin Walter.

 

Web Counters
Hit Counter